Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Modern Femme loves...Christmas Decor

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

Time to eat treats with impunity...


Using up the last of my colored sprinkles on Nigella's Chocolate Christmas Cookies...



Breaking out the silly Christmas tree cake pan that I found at TJ Max last year...


Looking out the living room window at our "outside Christmas tree" always makes me happy...

As does looking at my inside Christmas tree, adorned with lights and festooned with ribbons...


I love the Nutcracker Ballet and have been slowly gathering a collection of Nutcracker ornaments...


Uncle Drosselmeyer grins mysteriously, backlit by fairy lights...


The Nutcracker battles his foe, the Mouse King...because what tree is complete without an action sequence?



The Nutcracker theme continues on my mantle with my beloved Steinbach Nutcrackers...this one is a nod to my husband's Irish roots...


This Merlin Steinbach was my husband's as a little boy...


Steinbach Nutcrackers are expensive, but so wonderful to collect. Here is my Beekeeper, and his little miniature companion - a gift from a sweet friend!


Aside from Nutcrackers, my other obsession is Christmas stockings...I had these made by my tailor from festive fabrics...


And my newest Christmas addition is this wonderful card tub I found on One King's Lane...perfect for displaying your Christmas cards from friends and family!


How do you decorate your homes during the holiday season?

xoxo,
MF



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...