Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Modern Femme loves...Martha Stewart Home Office

Trust Martha in all things.  (The MF motto.)

I love Martha Stewart.  I think she's an amazing entrepreneur, I am in awe of her energy level (the woman is 71 years old and has a schedule that makes me tired just reading about it), I really admire her zest for living, and I like her style.  I  am inclined to purchase at least one item from every Martha Stewart product line, and my latest obsession is with her home office products.  Say what you will about Martha, she has a eye for detail, and can make even the most mundane thing, like binders, beautiful.

Here's what I have from her Martha Stewart Home Office line that I love:


How gorgeous is this pebbled binder in Martha's signature blue?  I keep all my personal and home-related projects in my binder, such as the printouts from the Frazzle Free Christmas that I wrote about earlier this week, my annual goals, and ideas for craft projects.



I use this smooth binder, again in that fabulous blue, as the MF Family Household Binder.  (If you haven't heard of household binders, there about one million examples on Pinterest.)  This stores our family calendar, an address list of all our family and friends, a birthday listing, menu planning and grocery shopping checklists, etc.



It's hard to see because of the small resolution, but this is a dry erase wall decal for emergency phone numbers.  I have mine right next to the phone in the kitchen.  Not only does it list fire, police and emergency medical information, but it also has information for your family's various doctors' offices, plumber and electrician, and any miscellaneous family/friends points of contact.  I really like that you can easily update the information on it, thanks to the dry-erase!



Martha's mad for her chalk labels - she has them all over Pinterest and her Living magazine.  And I can see why - I use these chalk labels to identify the contents of the various storage bins in my linen closet.  When I decide to change up my organization system (which happens often) I just erase the labels and rewrite!



Finally, I have these permanent clothing tags, which are worth every cent.  When Bebe was still at his daycare facility all his clothes had to be labeled.  I was a little skeptical as to whether these tags would last through one wearing (they are plastic and stretchy) but low and behold, they've lasted not only through one wearing, but through multiple cycles in the washing machine and dryer! 

I won't even get into what I wish I had from Martha's line - we'd be here all day. 

Well, okay maybe I'll just mention one thing:



I want all her "Stack+Fit" Desk Accessories, in the Martha Stewart Blue to match my binders.  Hear that, Santa? 

xoxo,
MF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...