Monday, October 22, 2012

Modern Femme at Home...Frazzle Free Christmas

I love the holiday seasons.  I say seasons, because from October 1st through January 2nd, I'm floating on Cloud 9, on a dopamine high fueled by pumpkins, apple cider, candy, scary movies, costumes, spider webs, gourds, pies, savory crackers and breads, cranberries, turkeys, tables filled with white platters of food, candles, twinkle lights, sugar cookies with icing frosting, office holiday parties, door decorating contests, wreaths, Nutcrackers, Christmas trees, carols and anything seasonal sung by Ella/Frank/Nat, ornaments, stockings, shopping, wrapping, "The Christmas Story," "Home Alone," and "Love Actually" movies, flannel pajamas, Christmas morning meals of scrambled eggs and Sarah Lee Coffee cake with mimosas and hot coffee, Christmas lunch of vichyssoise and beef Wellington followed by a Bouche de Noel, presents, thank you notes, sparklers, festive hats, and champagne.

So, naturally, I'm in my happy place as I write this.  But this year my happy place is clouded with a little bit of apprehension, because this is my first holiday season with Bebe in the house.   I love Bebe more'n my luggage, but Lordee does the little man make the day speed by!  For the past decade as an independent adult, I have approached every holiday season with the best of intentions, but inevitably ended with 6 days to go till Christmas, still needing to buy gifts, send cards, bake cookies, and generally stressing myself sick.

Well, that. Is. Not. Going. To. Happen. This. Year.  It can't!  I have to approach all these holidays with Bebe on my hip and a plan in my hand.  And I've found one.



There's a great website called Families with Purpose, and they have posted a complete timeline for a Frazzle Free Christmas.  I'm following their "8 Weeks to a Frazzle Free Christmas," which is, in their own words:

"The 8 Weeks to a Frazzle Free Christmas begins on October 15th and ends on December 9th, giving you and your family a full two weeks BEFORE Christmas to relax, unwind, and enjoy the holiday season.  This plan is based on the philosophy of starting early and working in small increments to get ready for Christmas and requires on average 15 - 20 minutes a day to complete."

They have a day-by-day planning e-book, weekly checklists and free printables.  I'm on week 2 of the 8 week Frazzle Free Christmas plan, and I'm feeling pretty serene.  Won't you join me in making this holiday season the most relaxed one possible?

Now...I guess I should post this and go tackle the two bins of Halloween goodies that are sitting in my front hallway. Eeeep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...