Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Modern Femme at Work....Classic Black Pumps

Like the little black dress, women face a dizzying selection when contemplating that classic work wardrobe staple, the black leather pump.  I myself have owned a least six different pairs, all worn into the ground (or marched to the Goodwill box). 

With history comes lessons learned:  from heels that could double as ice picks, to overly pointed toe-boxes (that could double as ice picks), to cheap faux-leather-that's-really-plastic and rubs off all your skin, to chic-orthopedic, I've owned all the bad (and in some cases, the ugly) that can come in a black heeled package.

Which is why I RAN and not walked to DSW when I saw these heels.  After a long, painful, and occasionally dowdy drought, I've finally found a classically silhouetted black leather heel that looks beautiful, fits comfortably, and goes with everything.  Ladies (and gentlemen - we're equally opportunity here at Modern Femme), may I introduce "Rylie" from LAUREN Ralph Lauren.




These beauties live under my desk, because I wear them at least three times a week.  Their stacked heel and almond toe make them comfortable to be in all day, the leather is good-quality with just the right amount of luster, and aesthetically these pumps look good peeking out from under trouser hems, or on full display with a pencil skirt.  They come at a price point most of us can live with (especially if you can find them at DSW, as I did).  And they are from Ralph, whom I adore.



So beautiful, no?

xoxo,
MF



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...