Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Full Disclosure series...Battling the dreaded Rut

So, I've been in a rut these past few months.  The details aren't important, because every rut is the same: that horrible feeling of being stuck in a situation or series of habits that you want to change or want out of, but can't seem to move past. 

This current rut I'm in is draining my energy.  It leaves me in a foul, bleak mood at the end of the day, feeling very sorry for myself.  Then I get irritated that I'm sitting around complaining about being in a rut instead of getting back on my feet and doing something to get out of it! 

Sound familiar? 

Anyway, today I'm making the effort to take the first step out of this rut by posting some things that makes me feel happier and energized:



These are my beautiful hot pink zinnias.   They sit on my front steps and delight me every morning.  I love their color, their beautiful explosion of petals, and their cheerful yellow centers.  My dog totally photo-bombed this shot (see upper left hand corner), but that's okay because she makes me pretty happy too.  My early morning walks with her always leave me feeling more energized. 

I saw this quote on Pinterest this morning, and it resonated with me, especially considering my current rutty state:

"I am in charge of how I feel, and today I am choosing happiness."

I could sit around and continue to feel depleted by my situation, sorry for myself, and generally waaaaaah, OR I can choose to smile, take a deep breath, and see my rut as an opportunity for improvement and innovation, instead of a life-sucking black hole.

Today is going to be the day that I take the first step out of this rut.  Wish me luck!  And, if you have any advice on what you do to get yourself out of a rut, share it with me in the comments section.

xoxo,
MF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...