Thursday, November 1, 2012

Modern Femme loves...Halloween night

I fell down on the job with my Halloween decorations this year.  I normally pull out all the stops in the interior and exterior "Halloweening" of my home.  There are glittered skulls and bones, macabre candelabras, Percy the Vulture who perches on my mantle, mini-pumpkins with grinning faces and batteries powered lights, wreaths of black flowers, huge spiders spinning their webs, strings of pumpkin lights, and a lit-up spider web with fat black spiders.

Unfortunately, between Bebe and Hurricane Sandy, my plans for a decked-out home were foiled this year.  Instead of arranging glittered mini-skulls under glass cloches, I snuggled with Bebe while he cut his first teeth.  Instead of  hanging lights on my porch railing and hairy spiders from my front door, Mr. MF and I brought in all of our outside decorations, fearing that otherwise they would be distributed by Sandy across our neighborhood.



So yesterday, with Sandy out of the picture and the rain finally gone, I hurried home from work to string up my trusty pumpkin lights, and put the mums and pumpkins back on the steps so that little trick-or-treaters would know we were a candy-friendly house. 

And oh, though I lamented not being more festive, all was forgotten when the children started arriving.  I saw a ton of cute costumes last night - iron man, spiderman, a fireman, a demon knight (creative!), brides, vampires, jungle queens, ninjas, fairies, and cowboys.

But my favorite Halloween costume?



A Jersey cow.  :-)

xoxo,
MF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...