Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Stylin' in the Rain

I stood next to a very chic Modern Femme on the Metro during this morning’s commute to work.  It was a rainy, cold morning, and most everyone on the train looked damp and miserable.  Everyone, except for her. 

What first caught my eye were her brilliant gold chandelier earrings, swaying with the rhythm of the train.  I could see them, I realized, because her long hair was loosely coiled under a brown rain hat, setting her earrings on full display.  A long maroon pashmina was draped around her neck, the ends framing her trim tan raincoat, and a pair of Hunter rain boots looked like they were keeping her feet warm and dry.  A chocolate-colored Longchamp bag swung gently at her side, the rain drops beading on its surface, as her manicured fingernails flew over the keypad of her blackberry, which was the same red color as her pashmina.

In short, she was a vision of rainy-day chic.

I hoped that she would get off the train at my stop, but she didn’t and thus an opportunity to interview her for the Today's Modern Femme series evaporated in front of my disappointed eyes.  Quelle dommage.    No doubt she would have had fabulous things to say. 

I just couldn’t let this opportunity go, though, to share her look with you all.  Here’s my best impression of the rainy day mystery Modern Femme:




Stay dry out there!

xoxo,
MF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...