Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Today's Modern Femme: Jennifer

As I walked to work this morning, I despaired of finding any Modern Femmes to interview.  The streets were empty, dotted with only the occasional male pedestrian.  I had resigned myself to a femme-free day, when like a beacon, Jennifer’s cobalt blue coat caught my eye.   And boy, do good things come to those who wait: Jennifer, a law student, has an eye for detail that makes her a sartorial standout and no doubt will serve her well in her future career!  She spoke with me about her love of all things vintage, what her go-to holiday gifts are, and how law students unwind.

Style AND substance: Modern
Femme Jennifer


MF:  Good morning Jennifer! Tell me, what are you wearing?

Jennifer:  Good morning! I’m wearing Zara flats and Elie Tahari slacks.  My gloves are from H&M, and the coat, interestingly enough, is J.C. Penny Worthington. The bag is Urban Outfitters’ Kimchi brand.   

MF:  You look great – and your gloves are so cute!  Is there anything for the winter that you can’t live without or that you’re really into this season?

Jennifer:  I have a lot of must haves!  I wear a lot of vintage clip earrings, and I love vintage wool skirts. I also love J. Crew’s double serge wool pencil skirts.  For more casual looks, I love the Asos UK website – especially their high waist jeans. 

MF:   For the upcoming holidays, what are your go-to gifts that work for you?

Jennifer:  I give my sisters – I have three sisters – Bath and Body Works products.  You can never go wrong with bath and body products!  I’m also into organic beauty products now – there’s so much out there to try.  And you can get nice little gifts at the Limited Corporation’s stores.

MF:  Can I be on your Christmas list, please?  Finally, because winter break is coming up - what would be your ideal way to relax on a day off from school?

Jennifer:  I love Lucky magazine, I’ve had a subscription to it for over 10 years, since Kim France was the editor.  That’s my escape – that and vintage shopping. There’s a really interesting thrift shore in Woodbridge, Virginia that I love to get away to visit.  Or I’d go home to Georgia – that’s where I’m from! 

Not only was I impressed with Jennifer’s attention to detail – but I couldn’t resist getting a close-up of her fabulous gloves.  Jennifer told me she got them at H&M recently – so guess where I’m headed on my lunch break?  How great would these be as stocking stuffers? (That is, if you can resist keeping them for yourself!)

$7.00 wool blend gloves from H&M - love the bows and key hole detailing.
As always, if you covet Jennifer's style, take a look at these pieces:



The beauty is in the details!

xoxo,
MF

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...