Friday, November 9, 2012

Today's Modern Femme: Alicia


Alicia was in front of me in line today in the post office. I loved her skirt and boots – they reminded me of the west, and cowboys, and wide open spaces. Funny how that works - Alicia, a photographer, had just moved from out west (Montana, to be exact), and this was her first week in DC. Alicia shared her thoughts on serendipity, infinity scarves, and where to get the best food and friendliest service in the Emerald City. Check out Alicia’s portfolio at her website, Aliciawatkinson.wordpress.com

New in town: Modern Femme Alicia
MF: Hi Alicia! Can you tell me what you’re wearing today?
Alicia: Hi! Yes, let’s see. The coat, shirt and backpack are all from American Eagle, the skirt was thifted from the Goodwill, and the boots are a friend’s – I believe they’re from Rocket Dog.

MF: Awesome – what a great mix of pieces. Alicia, you’re from Montana, is there anything fashion-wise that you find you can’t live without during the winter?

Alicia: I have to say that circle infinity scarves are my new obsession – I have one in every color!

MF: Ok, last place you went on holiday, and any recommendations on what to do there?

Alicia: The last place I went on holiday before moving to DC was Seattle. I would recommend going down to Pike’s Place Market and getting fresh seafood. There’s also Three Girls Bakery, which has the most delicious sandwiches, soups and pastries - and the staff is really, really friendly.

MF: Mmmmm, pastries…You mentioned that you just moved to DC – and we’re about to start a series on embracing change, so tell me- was this a change that you instigated, or was it something that you had to adapt to?

Alicia: I believe in serendipity and things falling into place – I was going through a lot of changes in Montana, and a friend had recently moved to DC. I called her one night and was feeling really uninspired – the next day her roommate said “I’m leaving for two months and we need someone to sublet.” Everything fell into place – she called me and I decided to up and move for a couple of months, and here I am in DC! Haven’t even been here a week!

Talk about serendipity –Alicia is the perfect Modern Femme to close out this week as we prepare to head into next week’s new series, Embracing Change. If you love Alicia’s look, see below for inspiration.

Till next week my dears, may your weekends be relaxing, your worries be few, and your horizons be wide, wide open.

xoxo,

MF




Today's Modern Femme: Alicia















2 comments:

  1. I can vouch for the yumminess of pastries at Three Girls bakery!

    Have a good weekend, MF!
    xoxo
    acm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm, it's definitely on my to-do list for the first time I visit Seattle! Hope you're having a good weekend, acm! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...