Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Modern Femme at Work: Desk Drawer Emergency Kit

Oh Martha, all hail the queen.

Confession time:  my mother calls me the Bag Lady.  I can't leave my house without the security of an overloaded purse.  I like to think I put Boy Scouts all over the world to shame with my level of preparedness.  Skinned knee? Neosporin and bandaids, check. Red wine spill? Shout wipes, check.  Migraine? Advil, check.  Impromptu social gathering? Hair brush, lip gloss, compact mirror, check.  The list goes on and on.  And that's just what I take with me when running to the corner store.

So, when it comes to my office desk drawer, let's just say I'm ready for the apocalypse.  Here's a list of what I've got stashed away:

  • Shea hand lotion (L'Occitaine)
  • Lip balm (Chapstick and the Body Shop)
  • Lipstick (Benefit Sample)
  • Concealer (No.7)
  • Neutral eyeshadow palate (Sonia Kashuk)
  • Mascara (YSL Sample)
  • Shout wipes 
  • Tide Pen
  • Mini lint roller
  • Nail clipper
  • Clear nail polish
  • Mini sewing kit
  • Multi Vitamins
  • Fish oil capsules
  • Emergency C 1,000 Vitamin C packets
  • Feminine hygiene products
  • Eye drops
  • Toothpaste
  • Dental floss
  • Herbal Tea Sampler (Celestial Seasonings)
  • Bag of popcorn
  • Mini Tabasco bottles
  • Fork, knife, spoon and pair of chopsticks
And I still think I'm missing some things.  Notice I don't have a toothbrush  (not sure what happened to it, I know I had one once!).  I could stand to add:
  • Advil
  • Deodorant
  • Breath mints
  • Safety pins
  • Bandaids
  • Neosporin
  • Copy of my house keys
  • Cream blush
  • Hair clip
  • Small hairbrush

I can hear my mother muttering "bag lady" to herself from here.  But I can't help it!  I need the security of a fully loaded desk.   What about y'all?  What do you keep at work for emergencies?

xoxo,
MF

2 comments:

  1. My list looks a lot like yours ... The only things I had that you didn't was double sticky tape (wardrobe emergencies) and a pair of cheap headphones (for when I forget/lose/break my regular pair). Maybe some Downy Wrinkle Release and some Static Guard would be a good idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I like your suggestions - especially the double sided tape and static guard! Brilliant. Adding them to my list now. MF

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...