Friday, August 10, 2012

Modern Femme loves...L'Occitane

As a teenager, I had tremendously oily skin.  I used very light moisturizers when I wasn't using prescription creams, and would break out anyway.  This continued well into my 20s.  Now in my 30s, I've noticed that my skin is shifting from oily to normal (I guess) - and drinks up moisturizers that I wouldn't have dared slather on my skin even 4 years ago.

My most favorite skincare brand is L'Occitane, the French skincare line.  I love their Shea Butter Ultra Rich Face Cream.  I started using this last year as part of my evening skin care routine, and my skin has never, ever felt so soft. 

I didn't have a single breakout when using this cream - I'm telling you, it must be made out of fairy dust and unicorn horn.  A-mazing.

For the summer, I decided to try something a little lighter, and switched to L'Occitane's Angelica Hydration Cream.  I use this at night, and my skin hasn't lost any of its softness.  And still no breakouts!




I cleanse my face at night with the Shea Cleansing Milk.  I started using this in the winter, but have kept up with it - although it's part of the Shea line and a creamy cleanser, it's not so heavy that you need to set it aside in the warmer months. 

I love the smell, and it cleans my skin well, taking off 90% of my make-up, without leaving my face feeling dry or tight.

Finally, the last L'Occitane product I'm using is their Shea Butter Fabulous Serum.  I use this as part of my morning and evening routine.  I'm not sure how I feel about serums in general - they seem to be all the rage now, the way exfoliating scrubs and masks were in the past decade (just writing that makes me feel old).  L'OC says this product smooths fine lines and helps to regenerate the skin. 
Whether this serum is doing all that it claims, I can tell you it isn't hurting my skin (no breakouts, etc), and I haven't noticed any increase in fine lines.  It has gotten pretty good reviews on the L'Occitane site as well!

 And finally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention my all-time favorite L'OC product:


The Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream is the BEST. CREAM. EVER.  I don't know where to begin.  It's thick, but absorbs immediately into your skin, leaving no residue.  One tub lasts forever, because you only need to use a little bit.  It has a light, clean fragrance.  After a week, my skin was the softest it's every been.  I used it every day during my pregnancy, and didn't get a single stretch mark.  In short, I'm a total convert.  If I could only use one L'Occitane product for the rest of my life (what a sad, sad day that would be!), it would be this one.

I also love their Lavender Hand Cream, as I mentioned in my "The Modern Femme Travels" series. It has just the right consistency for repeated daily use, and the scent is divine! 


There are other L'Occitane products that I would love to try - their Immortelle line gets consistently high reviews, but will have to save my pennies. 

I love these products (no endorsement deals here, just genuine fandom) as you can tell.  Any L'OC fans out there?  If so, what do you use?

xoxo,
MF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...