Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Modern Femme loves...Cotton Cardis

It's funny how in the middle of February, a snap 66 degree day is cause for short sleeve shirts and capris, but in the middle of August, a 66 degree morning sends me in a delighted scurry to my sweater drawer. 

This morning, as I stepped out to walk the dog, I opened my front door to a wonderful, cool dawn.  A gentle breeze drifted in from the east, there was dew on the grass, and the rising sun lit up the sky in a peachy, golden pink.  Perfect weather for breaking in my new navy cotton cardigan from Lands End



I love this cardigan.  The fine gauge makes it a perfect, soft, summer weight - it looks good when paired with camisoles, sundresses, khakis and shorts.  Lands End got the navy shade just right (it's irritating when "navy" is so dark that it looks black), and the best part is that this cardi can be monogrammed - I got mine done in hot pink thread.

As the temperature begins to return to more civilized numbers, my cardi will make appearances at early morning dog walks, rainy afternoons when the air conditioning gets a little too cold, and outdoor cocktail hours.  For $49.00 (monogramming is $6 extra), it's a great deal, and a perfect addition to your late summer wardrobe. 

xoxo,
MF


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...