Monday, August 6, 2012

The Modern Femme eats...Today's Breakfast

Morning all.  It's a gray and gloomy Monday morning here, which I think is actually perfect, because who wants to head into work on a sunny, glorious day?

Let's start off the week gently with a simple post about the most soothing of subjects: food.  My breakfasts during the work week consist of a variation on the following ingredients:  vanilla yogurt, bananas, and granola.  If those three ingredients are in my fridge and pantry, then it's going to be ok.  If not, the work week is off to a baaaad start.

Here's what I had today (told you this would be a simple post!): vanilla yogurt with fig preserves, a sliced banana, and healthy sprinkling of granola. 
I'm really into fig preserves lately.  They have a nice nuanced taste, and aren't as cloyingly sweet as I had imagined they would be.  Definitely worth a try!  

A note about the brands in this photo - Bonne Maman is my absolute favorite jam.  It is off the charts good, and I reuse the jars when I'm finished - they are perfect for storing homemade salad dressings, housing cupcake liners, etc.  The granola pictured here is Michelle's Granola.  It is hands down, the best granola I've ever had in my life.  I buy it in bulk in my local Whole Foods, but you can also order it online. Chobani is my favorite Greek yogurt, the right combination of thick and smooth.  (All my opinion, I have not been asked to endorse any of these.)

Do you have a breakfast staple you think I should try? Hit me up in the comments!

xoxo,
MF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...