Monday, August 13, 2012

Modern Femme loves...Votivo Candles

Happy Monday all! Aren't we excited to be on top of another work week?  I know I am. 

A million years ago, I was a shop girl in a little boutique in LA, called The Jumping Dog.  It was the kind of retail experience that you could only have in LA - bonefide movie starts would come in to the store, and I would very studiously not stare at them, like a good Angelino does.  Guess what?  Stars need last minute gifts just like the rest of us do.  They drag their spouses to stores just like you and me.  And some of them try to wrangle deals on purchases like the meanest cheapskate you might know.

Anyway, I digress.  While I was working at the Jumping Dog, I was introduced to Votivo candles.  And since then I have been a loyal fan.  Which isn't to say that I haven't bought and used other candles (hello Target! Hello TJ Maxx! Hello World Market!), because I have and do.  But every time I buy and bring house a random candle from someone other than Votivo, I am ultimately disappointed.

The first thing that gets me is their fragrances.  Votivo has amazing fragrances - and while they seem strong when you first open the box, when the candle is lit it somehow evaporates into the air, leaving a subtle sweet scent that isn't overpowering.  My favorites are Lavender Chamomile Pear:






and Clean Crisp White:

These candles also burn FOREVER.  Seriously - one can last me up to six months, even with regular use.  The wax takes a long time to evaporate (or whatever it is that wax does).  What cools and dries burns as good as new when relit.  And the glass containers have been repurposed in my house - I have one holding all the pens next to my notepad in the kitchen.

Love these!  If you pass one in a store near you, at least pick it up and take a deep breath.  Wunderbar.

xoxo,
MF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...