Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Modern Femme Entertains...Bebe's First Party, Part 2!

Last weekend was a big weekend for the bebe.  He was baptised at his grandparents church, and then was the guest of honor at a fete planned for him by his grandmother and yours truly.  As I mentioned in the predecessor post to this one, I used Pinterest as my inspiration for the party design. 

Thanks to Bebe's godmother, who is a talented photographer, I can show you all how we did making our Pinterest inspirations a reality!

 
We set up the food indoors.  On the menu: Beef sliders, pasta salad with black olives and goat cheese, black bean salad with cilantro and jalapeno dressing, iceberg coleslaw with buttermilk dressing, and cherry tomatoes stuffed with tuna salad.


Keeping with the red, white and blue theme, I ordered plates and napkins from the Oriental Trading Company. (I also got super cute dessert plates which aren't in the photo, but which you can see here.)


As I mentioned in my earlier post, I wanted to use some sort of outdoor decoration to jazz up the outside space.  I thought these blue and red gingham banners did a great job!


 
 

I had pinned a cute picture of a galvanized steel tub holding drinks, but in the end thought these clear tubs were even more attractive!  We had two tables - one with beer and wine, and one with sparkling juices. (I have to send a shout-out to my wonderful sister-in-law, who tied all the beautiful bows on the floral arrangements.)

 

We set up a kids section in the shade, and handed out bubbles for the kids to play with, which were a huge hit.  And, as you can see, I really got into the red, white and blue theme with capris and a top from H&M.  (Similar styles here and here.)


Bebe's uncle (and godfather) offered to take up grill duty, and spent most of the party deftly turning out yummy slider after slider. Isn't he wonderful? Being naturally debonar, he also matched the red, white and blue theme - with no advance planning! Brilliant.

 
Apologies for the terrible quality of this picture (taken by yours truly and not my friend!) - but, in keeping with my Pinterest inspiration of monogrammed petit fours, I wanted to show you all the adorable cupcakes that my mother got for Bebe. I wish I had remembered to take a photo of them when they first went out, but by the time I got to them, these lonely guys were the only ones left!
 

All in all, I think we did a pretty good job drawing on my Pinterest inspiration.  Bebe, Mr. MF and I had a great day. 

Entering into party withdrawal...
xoxo,
MF

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...