Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Weekly menus...Travel menu

Hello dear readers.  I've missed writing to you all!

This past weekend the Modern Femme Family traveled north for Bebe's baptism and post-baptism summer party.  The baptism was a great success (no bebe meltdowns, yay!) and the party was both fabulous and fun.  I'm working on a post about the party, so look for that soon.

In the meantime, here's the menu for this week.  I planned this menu on the car ride back home yesterday, to the soothing sounds of a squalling infant (Bebe HATES car rides) interspersed with the pounding of rain on the roof of the car.  With no cookbooks at hand, I suppose you could say this menu is snapshot of my cooking wheelhouse - all these recipes are tried-and-true, and most have been done so many times that I could make them in my sleep. 
  • Monday: 
    • Lemon roast chicken
    • Potatoes Lyonese
    • Salad
    • Brownies
  • Tuesday: 
    • Spaghetti with marinara and meatballs
    • Garlic bread
    • Salad
  • Wednesday: 
    • Chicken stir-fry with bok choy, water chestnuts and cashews
  • Thursday: 
    • Steaks on the grill
    • Pesto pasta
  • Friday: 
    • Chilled potato soup
    • Pork tenderloin
    • Grilled zucchini
xoxo,
MF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...